Friday, November 19, 2010

To tell or not to tell?

Why Why Why do parents LIE to their children?!  SMH   Every year many, many, many, an uncountless number of parents fall into the trap...SANTA .... Really? (Slight roll of the eyes and suck the teeth....child please)

I remember as a child growing up with my parents telling me this lie.  When I realized there was no SANTA..I thought to myself...all this time they've been telling me not to lie and to always tell the truth but yet they have been lying to me all this time.  I remember being so mad about that.    I made a decision at that time that I would not lie to my children and I didn't. 

We told them the truth, and guess what they still were surprised at the gifts they received.  I remember being in the grocery store with my children and the store clerk asked them what was SANTA bringing them for Christmas  and they replied "Nothing, because he is not real,"..she got angry at me and asked me why did I tell them, and I told her I choose not to lie to my kids, now what you do and say to yours is your business.  She look perplexed but could genuinely understand my point.

Tell the Truth this year parents..STOP Lying to the kids...Don't make me tell them...(LOL)

No comments:

Post a Comment