Thursday, November 18, 2010

Bullying

The last couple of weeks one of the hot topics has been about kids being bullied.  My husband and I were discussing it this morning.  Why is this such a big topic now when it's being going on for years.  I remember being in the third grade and this 5th grade boy tried to bully me out of my seat.  He threatened to "beat me up", but because my father had instilled pride and self worth in me at an early age I stood up this boy.  Yes we ended up fighting and yes we ended up in the principle office...yes my parents were called...but the end result is I never had any more issues with him or anyone else trying to bully me. 

As we continued to discuss this I thought within my self, one thing that fuels a bully is fear.  Fear itself can bully you.  Keep you from accomplishing a successful and happy life.  What fear is bullying you? Fear of failure? Fear of Rejection?  Fear of the Unknown?  I could go on and on with a list of  fears, but my friend I want to encourage you to stand up against those fears.  Write down your vision. Each day take a step toward accomplishing goals to help manifest what you have envisioned. 

The enemies of FEAR are Faith and Action.  Act on what you believe and believe that when you act it will be successful.  Just TRY!

No comments:

Post a Comment