Tuesday, October 19, 2010

What do You Really Want?

A few months back a young lady was complaining about the job she was working. She didn't really like it. It didn't pay enough.  It was boring.  It wasn't what she really wanted to do.  She had actually decided to submit her two weeks notice, but before she could turn it in, the company decided to terminate her.  Much to my surprise, she was actually upset about it.  I asked her why and she replied, it's just the way that it was done that upset her.  I shared with her, that it doesn't matter how it was done, she got the result she wanted...OUT.  She could now pursue her passion, but yet she was focused on how she was "wronged" that she couldn't celebrate the opportunity she'd been given.

Often times when what we hope and pray for does not come in the exact place and time we have plotted on our time line of life we celebrate the negative instead of the positive. We focus on the minor and allow the major to dissipate.

A young man had applied for a job that he really wanted overseas.  Weeks had passed by with no word.  He begin to give up.  He began to think to himself that he had not gotten the job.  His wife cut out a picture of the location of the job and hung it up.  He refocused and the next day the company called and offered him the position.

I was talking to my Bestie (my husband), and I was sharing some frustrations concerning a job. His response really helped me to refocus my goals. He simply asked why are you letting that job frustrate you? It's not your final destination; at the present time it is just a means to an end. Yes, he was correct. I immediately got my attitude in line and was back on track. My goal was back in focus.

REFOCUS, get a good support system around you.  Put up motivating visuals.  Think you can and you will, good, bad or indifferent.  Selah!

1 comment:

  1. That was great and I think I need to refocus on what I really want to do in this life. Thanks for the insight

    ReplyDelete