Sunday, September 26, 2010

What Mood are you Setting?

I was at a recent event. I was really excited about going, so of course I got my cute on.  Hair done , nails done, everything did, and YES I was Fancy! LOL...alright on with the point. 

We walk in through the doors and there was a great crowd, wonderful music, seating was ...well we were late so I will leave that alone, but anywho.. we got our seats. The room was dimly lit, a sultry voice started singing some nice jazz melodies...very appropriate...there was spoken word ( I was like oh my..this is going to set it off [good times tonight])....well it was set off...to the left.  The piece performed was just too heavy for the atmosphere. ( I am looking at my love, with a confused and daunting look and he is returning the same look... you know the look) needless to say it took a moment to recoup. Thank God for an awesome band and DJ. They had to work a little harder to lighten up the mood and get minds back on "good times".  

NOTE: Remember when planning your event whether small or large, an intimate dinner or just a funky good time, ensure it flows. If you are going to have performances, ensure they are all complimentary to one another. Schedule a rehearsal or two to make sure everyone is on point with their performance. This will ensure that all your guests will have a great time.  You should have to kick people out, not have them leave in droves.  


So you fancy huh?

1 comment: