Monday, May 2, 2011

Don't Let the Beauty Fool You!


Back Lawn of Boone Hall
I was at an outside event at Boone Hall Plantation, called Cakes and Bouquets.  This was the first year for this event. The concept is wonderful, the location is breath taking, but had I known I would be attacked by GNATS I would dressed in my armor!   Instead I came dressed in a royal blue a line spring dress with grey flats ( I thought it was rather cute)...The scenery was stunning, there were cake, floral and various vendors there show casing their talents.  There were tiki torches lit around the perimeter of the event...but the GNATS were EVERYWHERE...they attacked my arms my head my shoulders, my legs my KNEES and lawd have mercy...they flew up my dress!!!!! Do you know how difficult it is to stand and try to look professional while GNATS are biting your thighs and touche?  Please don't laugh...it was not funny...AS I stood there trying not to look and do inappropriate acts to protect myself from these pesty gnats, I looked around and saw others smacking their touches, scratching and swatting not even concerned about what they looked like.  So the spring/summer tip of the day...WATCH out for the GNATS..they BITE! They are worse then the mosquitoes!

No comments:

Post a Comment