Sunday, March 20, 2011

Do You Accept Compliments?

I know you are thinking, Of Course I do. I know I thought I was, until one day I was walking past a young lady and she said "You look great." I replied "Really, girl you don't see all these imperfections? I am trying to keep up with you.  If I could just get rid of this belly and tighten up these thighs..." She replied, " I complimented to you and all you had to say was "Thank You" but you instead ranted about your imperfections.  I was stunned.  She was absolutely correct. 

How many times have you done that or have you even noticed?  This past weekend I went to two events and at both I happen to sit by women who were considerably smaller in size then I and in both instances they complained about their non existent belly roll. (I am sighing and rolling my eyes).  SERIOUSLY...if the "Belly Roll" disappears when you stand up...it AIN'T and belly roll...your stomach is just relaxed...lol 

A belly roll, love handle, muffin top and any other cute name you can think up is referring to the abdomen that sticks out  all the time: when you sit down, stand up, that rolls over the top of your pants/skirt/shorts, or that is noticeable in a thick polo shirt. 

I want to challenge you. The next time someone compliments you, just say THANK YOU and leave it at that.





No comments:

Post a Comment